Co2 Skin Resurfacing
CO2 Skin Resurfacing
CO2 Skin Resurfacing is an increasingly popular procedure here at Youthful Solutions. Our Co2 fractional laser machine is fantastic to help reduce the signs of aging, improve skin texture, and even remove tattoos and other skin conditions. It is a non-invasive, safer-than surgery procedure that can provide long-lasting results.
What is CO2 Laser Resurfacing?
CO2 Laser Resurfacing is a type of laser treatment that uses carbon dioxide gas to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The laser works in a two-fold manner.
First, it ablates the most superficial layers of the skin which results in significant exfoliation, reducing freckling and sun damage, and revealing brand new skin cells.
At the same time, it heats the skin, causing microscopic damage to the structures beneath. This causes your body to go into overdrive, producing new collagen (to make your skin more structurally sound) and elastin (to give your skin a youthful resilience). This process helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines, which makes your face appear more uniform and more youthful. What’s better?
The CO2 is the gift that keeps giving. You will see results at about the 4 week mark post-procedure and continued improvement for many months thereafter. One study found patients who had used CO2 laser resurfacing saw an average of 40% to 45% reduction in wrinkle depth after two years compared with a control group who used traditional treatments such as Botox injections or dermabrasion.
We have 3 levels of treatment to get the best skin resurfacing
When using a CO2 laser, we can target the following skin conditions:
- Sun damage
- Skin aging
- Burn scars
- Acne scarring
- Lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity
- Under Eye creases
- Crepey skin
- CO2 laser skin resurfacing is a treatment that helps the face to shed damaged skin cells.
- It allows new, healthy cells to replace the older ones.
- At the same time, it penetrates the skin’s deeper dermis layer to stimulate new collagen production, which firms and smooths skin over time.
- CO2 laser treatments can address fine lines and wrinkles; discoloration (including sun damage and age spots); acne scars; stretch marks; and uneven skin texture on the face, neck, and chest.
- It can also treat benign skin growths like warts and birthmarks, as well as some skin cancers.
- The skin condition rhinophyma, which increases skin thickness on the nose, also responds well to CO2 laser treatment.
- CO2 laser resurfacing procedures can treat the full face or work as a spot treatment for isolated concerns like wrinkles or scars.
What to Expect After Your CO2 Laser Resurfacing Treatment?
After your CO2 laser resurfacing treatment, you’ll be able to see the difference in your skin’s appearance! You’ll notice smoother, more even skin tone and a reduction in wrinkles and fine lines. Your skin will also look better overall—it will be plumper and more youthful.
Right after your laser resurfacing treatment, your skin will be red and raw, like a significant sunburn. You may also experience some swelling, especially around the sensitive eye area. Over the healing process you will notice the redness fading, and likely experience some sloughing of skin. We will provide you with written instructions and an aftercare kit to ensure the fastest possible recovery and best possible results.
The simplest, most effective, healing ointment we’ve found. It attracts and seals in moisture to ensure proper hydration. It also acts as an artificial skin barrier to protect raw skin from the elements while it heals.
*You should avoid any sun exposure during this time period to help prevent any additional discoloration from appearing on your skin.
If you’re thinking about laser resurfacing for yourself or someone you love, we encourage you to contact us today! We want to ensure that you get the best results possible from your treatment—and we want to help make sure that happens before you leave our office!